Anthony Plog on Music
Conversations with performers, composers, and entrepreneurs
Become a Contributing Listener!As a Contributing Listener of "Anthony Plog on Music" you'll have access to extra premium content and benefits including:
- Extra Audio Content: Only available to Contributing Listeners.
- Podcast Reflections: Tony's written recaps and thoughts on past interviews (including valuable tips and suggestions for students) going all the way back to his first interviews in 2020.
- Ask Me Anything: Both as written messages and occasional member-only Zoom sessions.
- The Show's Discord Server: Where conversations about past interviews, show suggestions, and questions happen. It's a great place to meet other listeners and chat about all things music!
- Can I just donate instead of subscribing? Absolutely!
- Cancel at anytime and easily resubscribe when you want all the extra content again.
Find out more / Login
David Collins and Sarah Sew, Founders of Dublin Brass WeekAnthony Plog, host
Eddie Ludema, producer
Date posted: Aug 8, 2021
Trumpeter David Collins and violinist Sarah Sew (pronounced See You) are a married couple who have done amazing work, both as players, teachers, and also entrepreneurs. The story of how and why they started the Dublin Brass Week with no previous experience is a story that is both inspiring and also informative.
In Part 1 of our conversation, we talk about why they founded the Dublin Brass Week, some challenges and hurdles they (sometimes unexpectedly) ran up against... yet overcame, and their process of gradually building the festival from the ground up.
In Part 2, David and Sarah speak about their playing careers, how they started, how they often bounce ideas back and forth and, among other topics, the difference between brass and string chamber music practice mentality.
In the Bonus Room, our focus moves to David and Sarah’s teaching ideas and philosophies.
The podcast theme music, Four Sierra Scenes, written by Anthony Plog, is taken from Crystal Records S205, copyright ©1980 Crystal Records Inc., and is used by permission. Unauthorized duplication is not permitted.